Friday, February 25, 2005

Reading material

I finally managed to find a copy of Street & Smith's 2005 Yearbook this morning. I looked in three different stores last night and had no luck; I was beginning to think Tommy was having a bit of fun with me and lying about his own copy he stupposedly purchased. (He's familiar with my penchant for going into episodic rages if'n I don't get my way (or my magazines) and taunts me from time to time.)

Why did I look long and hard for a copy of this particular magazine, you ask? I could have bought one of the dozen other previews I rifled through at Books-a-Million during my quest, after all. The answer is simple: Those fine folks printing S & S seem to actually know a bit about baseball because they talk to baseball people- about baseball. I can't make the same claim for the others (one of them- who shall remain nameless- has Atlanta picked fourth in the NL East behind the Phillies, Marlins, and Mets). Puh-leeze!

Curious about S & S's prediction for the Braves?

The World Series.

No comments: