Thursday, October 20, 2005

Leo Mazzone is leaving the Braves to become the new pitching coach in Baltimore?! WTF?!

I gotta be honest with you: I'm shocked as hell. I know he's entertained offers the past few years, but I never really expected him to leave Atlanta. Some things are a given; death, taxes, and Leo Mazzone rocking away in the Atlanta dugout. Or so I thought.

It would seem as though his departure is money-driven, as Baltimore offered significantly more money than the Atlanta front office was willing to spend. However, the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this has anything to do with Bobby Cox leaving the Braves soon (willing or otherwise)?
---

Joe Girardi will be the new skipper in Florida. I've always liked Joe- even as a Yankee. He's a classy guy and a good baseball man. I wish him luck, but no more luck than a second-place finish in the NL East.

No comments: