Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Damn, I wish I'd been able to get off my lazy ass and post this weekend- I was three for four with my playoff picks.

Seattle over Washington: An easy one. Redskins are all defense, no offense.

Patriots over Broncos: The Pats are like the Braves; don't bet against 'em until someone beats 'em. I just assumed they'd manage a win against the Broncos. I was wrong. Of course, the sloppy play and turnovers might have had something to do with it.

Carolina over Bears: See Seattle over Washington.

Steelers over Colts: I knew Pittsburgh was going to win this game. I knew it. Not because of the inspired football they played the week before against the Bengals. Not because of a gut feeling I had. I knew the Steelers would win because I knew Peyton Manning couldn't.

Peyton can't win The Big Game. He couldn't beat Florida. He didn't win a national championship (some third-rate QB by the name of Tee Martin took the Vols to the promised land- and I know this because the obnoxious UT fans I work with are STILL talking about it).

Manning has a lot of natural talent and ability, but it's like there's something in his head that short-circuits whenever the "big game" arrives. Granted, he didn't have a horrible game on Sunday, but when you're making all that money and are the "best QB in the NFL" you should be able to manage more than one touchdown pass.

So somebody get Payton a glass of water 'cause I think he's still choking...

No comments: