Monday, June 13, 2005

I've not got much in the way of baseball today; been out of town all weekend and didn't have the chance to keep up with the Braves (what can I say, they aren't real popular in the hills of North Carolina).

Speaking of which, I was in Asheville with my wife. She had a dog show and so we decided to make it a bit of a working vacation. (She was robbed by the judge at the show, by the way). Anywho, we had a good time in Asheville and I highly recommend the downtown area: great shops, great food, and great pubs. I bought a couple of CD's at Karmasonics (Junior Wells and The Freight Hoppers) and had a really great dinner, complete with a couple pints of excellent IPA at Jack of the Wood. Unfortunately, I'm getting old and wasn't able to stay awake or at JotW long enough to see the rockabilly band playing Saturday night.

No comments: