Thursday, December 30, 2004

D.C. Mayor signs ballpark bill

Washington D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams signed the funding bill that'll allow the city to build a new 41,000 seat stadium for their new club, the Washington Nationals. The park should be ready for the 2008 season; the team will play within the "lovely confines" of RFK stadium until then. Fortunately, the bill will provide additional funding to help renovate RFK before the 2005 season begins.

I bet those former Expos will be shocked by their initial Washington fan base: 15,000 season tickets have already been reserved for 2005. That number probably surpasses their 2004 admission total for the year.

2 comments:

California Gold said...

Hi: I was looking for information on gold prospecting and can upon your site. I'm working on a site about Gold nuggets and looking for any good facts that I might be able to incorporate into my site to really provide an in-depth information source. After reading your Blog, I found it interesting, but, it wasn't what I was looking for. With that said, I must say I've enjoyed reading it. I bookmarked your blog for the future. Well I'm off again in search for gold prospecting info.

gold nuggets said...

Hi, interesting blog. Thanks for the read!
I recently started a gold prospecting site. I'm looking for articles from anyone centering around gold prospecting. Anyone who would like to provide any informative articles or just a story about your gold hunting/metal detecting will be given an active hyper-link back to your blog/website. Please visit http://www.california-gold-rush-miner.us