Friday, December 24, 2004

Festivus for the rest of us

Festivus really snuck up on me this year. I was hardly even prepared for it.

Bill, Tommy, and I got together for our annual celebration of this joyous holiday. We began the day with the Airing of Grievances. This took some seven-and-a-half hours and we were mighty hungry afterwards. After a lovely dinner at Applebee's, the Feats of Strength began. As usual, Tommy crushed Bill and myself rather handily. (He never gloats about it though, and for that, I thank him.) As the F.O.S only took about a half-hour, we decided to bowl a few games. Bill won two; I was the victor in one. Tommy, well...lets just say it's a good thing he's smart and looks real pretty in his bowling mini-skirt and leave it at that, shall we?

The one traditional Christmas activity we still hold onto is the exchanging of gifts: Bill gave me a couple of Simpsons figures and a Menudo video from 1986 (I think it came from his own personal Menudo collection); Tommy gave me a Julius Schwartz autobiography and a sweet Roberto Clemente card for my 1959 Topps baseball card set.

I think I'll now go and watch the first season of Wonder Woman that my sister and brother-in-law gave me last night...

No comments: