Sunday, December 26, 2004

Will Eisner has bypass surgery

For those of you who don't know me personally, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm not just a baseball geek. I'm also a card-carrying member of the Secret Society of Comic Book Geeks. Okay-- there isn't really a secret society; I did have a membership card to the JLA at one time, but we won't get into that right now...

The point of my early morning confessional is to share the news about Will Eisner's quadruple bypass surgery last week. The details can be found at The Comics Reporter.

For those of you not familiar with Eisner's work-- he's both a pioneer and a living legend in the comic book genre. I met him a few years back at DragonCon; he was a very gracious man and happily signed the few items I'd brought along with me.

Here's wishing Mr. Eisner a speedy and successful recovery!

No comments: