Monday, March 05, 2007

Cox to retire after 2008..?

This story is a couple days old, but I thought I would go ahead and post on it. Bobby Cox is talking about retirement after the 2008 season. This isn't the first time this has came up, but you have to think this time around it's more of a reality. Who would replace Bobby? That's a tough answer that Braves mgmt will have to decide. I'm sure Bobby has his own successor in the back of his mind. Would the Braves go after an experienced manager, or give some newbie a chance? I keep thinking about Terry Pendleton. He's interviewed for number of managerial positions that have opened up in recent years. Yet, he still remains with Atlanta. Cox himself as said that he'll make a great manager one day. Another possibility I really think could become true is Ned Yost, of the Brewers. He signed a new deal to remain with the Brew Crew through 2008, with a 2009 option. Hmmmm, Cox is considering retiring after '08 and Yost could become available after '08. Once again, I'm just throwing names in the hat. We'll see what happens when the time comes.

No comments: