Thursday, December 01, 2005

Dear New York Yankees-

Thanks so much for proving yet again you've got more money than common sense. Who the hell actually pays seventeen million dollars for Kyle "Captain Tightpants" Farnsworth?!

I don't care if Farnsworth can throw 100 mph fastballs. I don't care that he's developed a fairly nasty slider (when he can actually get it over the plate, anyway). I've watched him pitch for many years now (I'm also a Cubs fan), and the simple fact of the matter is the guy's a Class-A moron and he wilts under any type of pressure. I was optimistic when he came to Atlanta that Leo could bore through that cinder-block atop Kyle's head and "fix" whatever's wrong up there. Didn't happen. Not gonna happen. Ever. If the Yanks have a three run lead, he'll be fine. Of course, almost any reliever can keep a three run lead warm for the closer. If the games close, though? Mariano's gonna lose out on a lot of save opportunities.
---

I wanted to mention to all three of my readers that there's a new Braves/baseball blog you should check out. Martin has just gotten started over at A Ballpark View, but I've enjoyed what I've read so far.
---

I'd really thought the Braves had a shot at re-signing Raphael Furcal, but it's really starting to look like he'll be in Cubbie blue next year. I don't think he's the answer to all Chicago's problems, but he's a great defensive shortstop, and more importantly, he'll fill the gigantic hole in the top of their lineup.

I've heard rumors that Atlanta may be interested in trading for Julio Lugo as a stop-gap measure until the minors can supply a new SS.

No comments: