Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I love those "self-serve" check-out lines at Wal-Mart. You know the ones I'm talking about? Of course you do.

I do all my Wal-Mart shopping at 7:22 in the a.m., right after work. Although I do have to deal with a goodly number of the morons I work with at this time of the morning, I don't have to deal with a goodly number of regular ol' Wal-Mart shoppers. I hate those; they make me angry. But I digress...

This morning, I went in to purchase a 3-way light bulb (30,70, and 100 watts, in case you're wondering), a gift bag for the Tommy's boss Christmas gift and six donuts. (Mmmm, donuts.) I took my purchases to the self-check lane and proceeded to self check. I happened to look down during my transaction to find ten bucks in the change dispenser. I assumed both God and Santa Claus wanted me to find it and enjoy it, so I put it in my pocket. I will use it to purchase breakfast at Cracker Barrel tomorrow morning. Thank you God; thank you Santa.

5 comments:

Briana said...

and you can use the money you intended to buy breakfast with...to buy breakfast for me! cause i'm your favorite denso coworker. aww how sweet you are!
*snicker*

little baby sister said...

Actually, he should use it to buy his little baby sister and her hippie friend something pretty.

little baby sister said...

Besides, one of them does have a birthday coming up.

Steven said...

I bought blueberry pancakes with my new-found money and they were dee-licious!

Tommy said...

I dunno, I tend to think that ten dollars was god's way of saying "Add more to that really boss gift bag...Tommy's earned it...."

And me? I can't go through the self-check lanes at Wal Mart without them not working correctly.