Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's Over: LaRoche becomes a Pirate

Well, I was proven wrong. The deal that's been on the mind of Pittsburgh GM Dave Littlefield has finnally happened...again. Adam LaRoche along with minor league 1B Jaime Romak have been traded to Pittsburgh for Mike Gonzalez and prospect SS Brent Lillibridge. So, the Pirates sacrificed another player to make this deal work, so did the Braves. After much debate, I'm still a bit suprised this still went down. Atlanta is able to avoid arbitration by sending LaRoche packing. Get ready for Scott Thorman in 2007! Lillibridge is supposed to be one of the Pirates top up and coming SS. I think the Braves will be looking at a double headed monster at closer. Gonzalez and Wickman might be sharing the duty. Soriano could also be involved, but I think he is more inline for the setup role this year. I'm glad to see JS rid the crap and get some quality guys in the pen!

No comments: