Tuesday, November 16, 2004

American League MVP

Congratulations to Vlad Guerrero for winning the 2004 AL MVP award. While the National League's contest really wasn't much of a contest (we all knew Barry would win), I didn't have any one player picked to win the AL: several guys were worthy, in my opinion. In the end, Vladdie came out on top, beating the likes of Gary Sheffield, Manny Ramirez, and David Ortiz. I suspect hitting .337, with 126 RBI and 39 home runs had something to do with it.

To be honest, I've always liked Guerrero. He's got a cannon for an arm, runs the bases like a flailing madman, and will swing at anything within the confines of the Western Hemisphere- and make contact. But the thing that I like best about him is the fact that he always seems to be enjoying the game of baseball. That's not so common in today's game and it puts a smile on my face, dammit.

No comments: