Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Managers of the Year

National League: I gots two words for ya: Bobby Cox. The man lead a team riddled with inexperienced starters and bench players to their 13th straight divisional title. Most pre-season experts didn't expect the Braves to finish higher than third in the NL East.

American League: My prediction is Terry Francona. Any man who leads the Red Sox to their first World Series win in 86 years is automatically named manager of the year. (Nominations for sainthood will be heard in the spring.)

Francona isn't my personal pick, however. If'n I was important enough that someone cared about my opinion, I'd have to go with Buck Showalter. He did a great job with the Rangers. Many baseball folks (including myself) expected Texas to finish last. Again. Good job, Bucky!

No comments: