Saturday, November 27, 2004

You call this a vacation?!

I'm going to have to rethink this whole "time off from work" bit.

My place of employment was kind enough to give me four days off for the Thanksgiving holiday. That's mighty kind of them, considering I've had approximately the same number of days off during the past two months. (I don't like working Saturdays and Sundays, dammit.)

The problem is no one told the doors and trim in my Still-Not-Finished-Brand-New-House that I'm not supposed to be working. They've demanded to be painted. I don't like painting trim (although the doors aren't so bad) and even after several hours of painting yesterday, I've still got a LONG way to go. Jeez...

It looks like them folks what play baseball and such for a living are taking the Thanksgiving holiday seriously. Nothing going on as far as signings and talks and other baseball business the past coupla days. Wouldn't it be cool if the GMs had after-Thanksgiving sales with player contracts? I can see it now: Jim Hendry offering Sammy Sosa for 60% off from six a.m. til noon, Friday only. Or, "Buy one middle infielder, get another one half-price" specials.

Why MLB isn't exploiting my Big Ideas is beyond me...

No comments: